*** NEXT CONCERT REVIEWS: Danko Jones in Hamburg (21.10.2012) // Royal Republic in Bremen (08.11.2012) *** NEXT RECORD REVIEWS: Danko Jones - Rock And Roll Is Black And Blue // Black Light Burns - The Moment You Realize You're Going To Fall *** NEWS: After five years Black Light Burns are finally on tour again and come to Europe. ***

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Culcha Candela - Raffteich Open Air 2012

I know, I know, I know. Culcha Candela? But I really have to tell you about this show. I got there more by accident because one of my friends worked there and gave me free tickets. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Culcha Candela makes some kind of reagge/hip hop/pop music. So we went there and the place was not too crowded, enough space to dance.

The show started and I kind of felt misplaced. Why? Nobody was headbanging, there was no moshpit. Something felt wrong. I first became suspicious when the girls next to me wore pink shirts with white jeans. - Yeah I know its a cliche, but the girls supported it very well. - That's the moment when I realized that I NEED metal or real cool rock music. I really tried to enjoy the show but caught myself all the time looking around if there are maybe people that are "different" and feel as I do. No chance.

Between metalheads and rockabillys there is allways an instant connection on the concerts or festivals. People laugh and dance together. This was more or less a vanity fair. Girls wearing heels on a muddy field, oh lord!

It wasn't a bad performance of Culcha Candela at all, but for me it wasn't the right crowd, the right place, the right whatever... . After the concert I jumped into my car and listend all the way home to Staind. :-) Such a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment